Inez and Vinoodh capture a summer sunset reflected on the faces of Lou Doillon and Julia Stegner for Chloé’s SS14 campaign.
This is a blog of things that I love: fashion, music, rocking out, batman and dating.
Co-founder of Small Girls PR and girl about (down)town NY & BK.
I also love emails. email@example.comMy blog was designed by the awesome Jacob Bijani.
May you Sparkle and Shine in the New Year! <3 Small Girls
2013 was a huge year for Small Girls- growing from Mallory, Bianca, and an assistant or two, to a solid team of publicists and account managers; moving offices 4 times (3 in the same building); and working with bigger clients than we’ve seen in our 3 years of business.
It looks like we’ll be going full speed ahead in 2014, from all of the amazing plans and projects lined up, and we can’t wait!
Big and small, here are our personal resolutions to help us sparkle and shine, as we tackle the awesomeness to come in the new year.
Mallory: Start wearing my Jawbone UP band and be mindful of my health.
Bianca: I was going to list out a few resolutions for the New Year (most likely with subgoals and plans), then I realized… what I really need to do is to Keep it simple, and learn how to do one thing at a time vs. overwhelming myself (and do so by avoiding distractions and procrastination.)
- Don’t go to the grocery store hungry.
- Dress for the way I want to feel not the way I actually feel when I wake up (i.e. no more running pants to work.)
- Don’t buy things not on my list.
- Become friends with my siblings, or at least talk to them more.
- Read books on tape. I don’t have a subway ride anymore, but you’d be surprised how many pages you can get through in a 15 minute walk to work.
- Lean in to being an athlete (boxing, swimming, running, lifting) men in gyms intimidate me and sometimes keep me from doing certain workouts. I don’t want that to happen anymore. A jab from a pink boxing glove is still a mother fucking jab. Know what I mean? haha.
Annie: Do (at least) one random act of kindness a day.
- Send more snail mail! I’m a believer in the romance behind the handwritten note.
- Subway time- read more, Candy Crush less.
- Make new friends, reconnect with old friends I’ve lost touch with.
- Stop using YOLO, even sarcastically, it never ends well.
- Make more puns.
- Write more Yelp reviews so that I can further my mission to joint the ranks of Elite.
Mac: Blog more and procrastinate less.
- I’d like to write more in 2014! I had a few curveballs in 2013 and took an extended break from writing this year, but I’m easing back into to publishing pieces and it feels really good. So more of that! I even bought myself a new gold journal to carry with me so I can take notes/scribble in.
- Start going to bed earlier. This conflicts a little bit with # 1 because I do most of my writing after 10 pm, but maybe that’s part of a bigger goal to manage my personal time better.
- Eat dessert first. I just think we’d all be happier if we did this regularly.
Moni: Save money by making tastier AM coffee.
- Take more photos to document the year. Start a blog to display those photos.
- Make a (long overdue) website for my portfolio.
- Read more books.
- Go on more adventures.
- Stop being such a hoarder & declutter my room.
- And ya know, eat healthy and go to the gym and stuff too. 2013 was a great year and I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store. :)
Seriously though- those two posts on procrastination have been changing my life. That and therapy. (har)
Happy 2014! Looking forward to kicking ass this year. Seriously.
Our buddy RAC just got his 1,000,000th soundcloud follower so he and Pink Feathers are offering a free download of their cover of No Doubt’s “Simple Kind of Life”
Isn’t that all anyone wants?
[I mean free downloads. …jk]
10 Things I Did This Year - 2013 Edition
This year was full of big wins and dark corners, life altering actions and blessings in disguise, drastic changes in both my work/life surroundings and in my character.
I figured 10 would be a manageable number of big things to highlight from the year- some fun, some interesting, some selfish, some reckless, some telling, some incredible. Also, because Tumblr only lets you upload 10 photos in a photoset.
- Started 2013 getting ratchet with my fave fashun bitches.
- Was featured in the NY Observer.
- Spoke at Harvard.
- Celebrated a 1 year anniversary and took it dancing to the streets of Hollywood.
- Saw the end of a relationship and went on a bender of a love affair in SF.
- Tried to quit boys for a month and lasted 11 days.
- DJ’d a wedding.
- Quit drinking (successfully and indefinitely.)
- Moved into a new apartment that I could make my own.
- Made a 30 under 30, with 8 months to spare.
More day to day adventures (for 2014!) on instagram.
And probably a better 2013 year in review as dictated by Facebook (plus it’s 20 ’biggest moments’.)
She’s an amazing dancer with such projects are choreographing for Chromeo, HBO’s GIRLS, Jason Wu, and Sleigh Bells under her belt. She’s always been a great supporter of Small Girls, and we’re happy to be able to support her in this endeavor!
Check out the kickstarter video for the film below + take a look at the Katherine Kwei School Girl Crush video she did for the Lulu campaign, with some of our favorite bloggers, during our early years.
As a dancer, I’ve always admired Celia’s work. She’s also one of those people who has such an amazing energy, you feel the creativity and excitement when you’re in the room with her. So excited to see her film project funded on kickstarter with 38 hours left! Woo-hoo! <3
First time seeing @thelmagazine 30 under 30 print issue! Good morning. cc: @yourpalmal @smallgirlspr
I love being horribly straightforward. I love sending reckless text messages (because how reckless can a form of digitized communication be?) and telling people I love them and telling people they are absolutely magical humans and I cannot believe they really exist. I love saying, “Kiss me harder,” and “You’re a good person,” and, “You brighten my day.” I live my life as straight-forward as possible.
Because one day, I might get hit by a bus.
Maybe it’s weird. Maybe it’s scary. Maybe it seems downright impossible to just be—to just let people know you want them, need them, feel like, in this very moment, you will die if you do not see them, hold them, touch them in some way whether its your feet on their thighs on the couch or your tongue in their mouth or your heart in their hands.
But there is nothing more beautiful than being desperate.
And there is nothing more risky than pretending not to care.
We are young and we are human and we are beautiful and we are not as in control as we think we are. We never know who needs us back. We never know the magic that can arise between ourselves and other humans.
We never know when the bus is coming.
Hollywood - @penguinprison @rac DJ set @ Webster Hall #latergram #dancejam
Check out our tips and tricks for throwing an epic Holiday bash on PR Couture - as inspired by many of the events we’ve thrown and attended.
And of course, special holiday love, to our clients (old and new) Hinge, Meetup, Tortoise & Blonde, She & Reverie, PromGirl and Drawquest- whose events we’ve had a pleasure throwing in the last few years.
Wrote a post for PR Couture, on behalf of Small Girls, about throwing a fun holiday party!
Lorde- 400 Lux
We’re never done with killing time
Can I kill it with you?
Loving this @refinebasics tank paired with a graphing calc- that is one sxy asymptote you got there #fashion #math (at RePopRoom)